Your search for kallasvuo found 5 results
Nokia & Yahoo! are joining forces to combine their expertise and offerings in the areas of e-mail, instant messaging, maps, and navigation for both mobile devices and computers.
The Finnish mobile phone company Nokia has announced an offer to acquire all shares of open mobile platform Symbian Ltd. Nokia already owns 48 per cent of Symbian shares, and has just put in an offer for the remaining 52 per cent for a total of approximately 264 million Euros.
Nokia and Siemens have announced the intention to merge the former's Networks Business Group and the carrier-related operations of the latter to form a new 50-50 joint venture company called Nokia Siemens Networks. The newly formed company will have the ability to invest in next-generation fixed and mobile product platforms and services, fixed-mobile convergence capability, a complementary global base of customers, and a deep presence in developed and emerging markets.
If there's one thing the last decade has taught us in the mobile industry, it's that timing is almost everything when it comes to success. And there is a bitter irony in the way this short history has repeated itself along the way.
The 2009 International CES showcased emerging and growing technology segments like LED-backlit LCD TVs, connected A/V devices, pocket video cameras, and portable Internet radios. It was also the spot where many got their first real preview of upcoming technologies like 3DTV and "netbooks." Despite the fact that attendance was noticeably down (22%, to be exact), leading to aisles that weren't as crowded as usual and restaurants that weren't as tough to book, the show still welcomed a healthy helping of key industry folks, including many from Canada.