Following unconfirmed reports that it plans to sell some valuable assets, Sharp Electronics has seen its share price rise over 30% in two days. The stock opened on the Tokyo Stock Exchange at ¥475 on Monday, May 20, and closed at ¥624 on Tuesday, May 21.
Trevor Thomas, a veteran of 25 years in Canadian CE retailing, has bought Muskoka Audio Video and returned it to the Audio Video Unlimited group.
According to The NPD Group's Mobile Phone Track, Q1 2013 smartphone sales in the U.S. increased 42% year-over-year, with 36% of the unit volume increase represented by the sales of prepaid smartphones.
Nikon Canada Inc. has announced a new short telephoto lens for its Nikon 1 system of mirrorless cameras. The 1 Nikkor 32mm f/1.2 lens provides the same field-of-view as an 86mm lens on a 35mm film SLR. That focal length and the lens' wide maximum aperture make it ideal for portraiture and available-light photography, Nikon Canada notes.
After using his BlackBerry Z10 to phone the City of Windsor and report two ducklings which had fallen down a storm drain, Michael Williams decided to check to see if there were any duck call apps available. "Thankfully," Williams told the CBC, "they have an app for everything and it worked out."
Building on the Smart Wi-Fi the company revealed at Mobile World Congress in February, Nokia Siemens Networks revealed some new developments to the system that allows for seamless traffic steering between cellular and Wi-Fi networks.
Portable audio and Bluetooth company SuperTooth confirmed a new partnership with VOXX Accessories Corp. at CIA that will see the pair develop a co-branded line of portable audio accessories under the Acoustic Research brand.
- CTIA 2013: M-Edge Shows off Fall/Winter Cases
- Microsoft Confirms Windows 8.1 Update
- CTIA 2013: Nokia Siemens Networks Continues Push Toward Seamless Wi-Fi/Cellular Connectivity
- CTIA 2013: SuperTooth Teams Up with VOXX
- Microsoft Set to Reveal New Xbox
- Wilson Offers New Multi-Band Signal Boosters in Canada
- Weird & WTF?: LinkedIn Wants Prostitutes to Get Off…its Site
- Secret Shopper: Downloading High-Resolution Music
- Simaudio Launches New Series of Audio Components
- Sigma Announces USB Dock for Lens Adjustments, Firmware Updates
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Marketnews Mobile Apps
How responsible are Western apparel manufacturers, like Joe Fresh, for the collapse of the Bangladesh factory?